Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Topography Genera

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DJay32

DJay32

Topography Genera Empty
PostSubject: Topography Genera   Topography Genera EmptySat Jul 21, 2012 2:52 pm

Topography Genera is a.. complicated thing to describe.

Topography Genera Tumblr_lymorvW0Ml1royl0to1_1280
Art by Cadet

The Topography Genera Center is a global research organization specializing in the eldritch. It has four branches in four different countries: North (Iceland), East (England), South (Australia), and West (USA). The things they research, they've labelled "Fossils." The genera of Fossils are eldritch abominations that.. are.. eldritch. OOG, they're the Fears from the Fear Mythos, so the slender man is one of the Fossils featured, but the story of Topography Genera does not focus on the slender man, which is why I put this in the Other section.

You see, Topography Genera is the name of a narrative spread out across several blogs (HELP, Administry for a Cause, Testing in Progress, Hell and Earth, The Machine Gospels, Tale of the Lost Vikings, Hymn from Proserpine, with more to come) all managed on one central blog (Topography Genera Center East). The story's about the odd behaviour of the higher-ups in the Genera, the rise of an eldritch water creature named EAT, and the inevitable fall of the Genera and the organized culture of Runners.

The overall story is also the sequel to an earlier blog of mine, Jordan Eats Normally Now, but you don't have to read that one to understand this one, and I don't advise reading it anyway. Topography Genera is essentially me redoing what I was trying to do with Jordan Eats without telling the same story at all. I want to focus on EAT, and I want to show people a multimedia cosmic horror story using the new media of the internet.

That's another thing! This story is multimedia in its presentation. While the story is primarily told through text, you'll find pictures appearing throughout, videos from time to time, and a lot of audio. Important conversations are told in audio logs with subtitles. I made sure to get a good range of voice actors for this. Really, one of my biggest intentions with Topography Genera is "I want to do everything slenderblogs suck at, everything I've failed to do earlier, and I want to deconstruct the entire blogging medium." I'm ambitious, but you have to be if you want to tell a good story.

And for the record, if you start from the first post of Topography Genera Center East and go all the way to the current post, you can get the whole story from there. I've made sure to organize the blogs so that the entire narrative can be told in a linear fashion, without having to worry about the hassle of having a million blogs and Twitters and YouTube channels like some ARGs give.

Finally, I can say that Topography Genera's overall story has eight planned "movements" (acts), and it's currently in its second. But don't worry about that. I'M SHUTTING UP NOW

EDIT: FFFFFF And it's worth mentioning that a good portion of the story is a collaboration with fellow Fearblogger alliterator. He writes Doctor Cloud's posts and helps me organize all the separate Fossils and the outline of the story.

AND VOICE CREDITS:
Liquid Len: Bones
Duchess: Squeek
Doctor Cloud: Shayde
Mordecai: TheSomnambulist
Blackcap: Parakus
Doctor Walls: Allanbag
Mad Man Moon: Funden
Prospect: DJay32
"J. LaBrie": MesserTod
FT-CREMATOR: Shayde
FT-SELKIE: LoveHopeRainbows